Current Job Posting
We believe in fostering and building a strong community through coffee. Crafting flavorful coffees is our passion and it is what drives us to meet our goal of connecting people and playing a supportive role in the communities we serve. Our coffees play an integral role in enriching the daily lives of many.
At Midwest Roasters, we are passionate about coffee, we are self motivated and driven individuals, we are strong team players, and we strive to bring a fun, positive attitude into our work space.
If this sounds like the perfect environment for you, please apply to join our team. We are looking for someone to join our production team.
Midwest Roasters is seeking a production team member. We are experiencing increasing growth and are now looking for someone who can efficiently multitask, is a problem solver, has an acute attention to detail, is self-motivated, brings a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and most importantly, has a passion for coffee.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the roasting team by blending, flavoring, and packing coffee.
- Assist in unloading and putting away green coffee.
- Receive, restock, and, rotate product inventory.
- Grind, pack, seal, and box bulk coffee orders.
- Find, pick, and box products for order fulfillment.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
- Prioritize and fulfill customer orders.
- Learn our roasting process.
- Ensure product consistency and accuracy to meet our high standards.
- Help with loading and unloading shipped and delivered product.
- Follow the guidance of our roasting, production, and shipping leadership.
- Production experience is preferred.
- Experience in coffee roasting production is a plus.
- Knowledge of specialty coffee.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- A strong desire to learn.
- Competent in basic math skills.
- Can adapt and pivot priorities as needed.
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking and taking instruction.
- Continuously maintain a fun and positive attitude.
Physical / Working Requirements:
- Be capable of lifting 150-lb coffee bags using team lifting.
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch, and stand.
- Valid U.S. drivers license.
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Company Perks
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
Hourly Wage: Compensation varies by experience.
Work Location: Our roasting facility located at 12050 N Peters Rd, Hayward, WI 54843 - (About 14 miles East of Hayward on HWY 77E)
Schedule: 6am - 3pm Monday - Thursday with some variation to meet unique partner needs.
Midwest Roasters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation. age, or any other class protected by local, state, and federal law.
All interested parties should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume to Backroads Coffee, P.O. Box 1019, Hayward, WI 54843