How to Brew Loose Leaf Tea
1. Tea Infuser - a tea infuser keeps any leaves from floating freely in your cup while you drink. It also lets you stop steeping tea after a specified time and keeps your tea from getting bitter. You can use a disposable paper filter if you want something you can throw away. Otherwise, you can use a basket infuser to place into your mug or pot.
2. Tea Pot and Kettle - a tea pot is what you place your infuser in to brew tea, a tea kettle is needed to boil water.
1. Boil water into your tea kettle.
2. While waiting for water to boil, add the appropriate amount of loose leaf tea to your infuser. Place the tea infuser into your tea pot. *double the amount when making iced tea.
3. When the water reaches the desired temperature, pour it over the tea infuser. this allows it to circulate over the leaves.
4. Time your tea. Once the time is up, dunk the infuser into the water a couple times to circulate the water.
5. Serve the tea in your mug, or pour over ice for iced tea.